Fix problems downloading your Norton device security product
Having trouble downloading or installing is usually due to a few scenarios but don’t worry, they are often easy to fix. We’ll walk you through the most common situations here:
Download or install doesn't start or complete
Your Norton device security installation begins when you run the downloaded file. To locate the downloaded file, do one of the following depending on your browser:
- For Windows: Press Ctrl + J key, to open the Downloads window in your browser, and double-click the file that you downloaded.
- For Mac: Press Command + Option + L, to open the Downloads window in your browser, and double-click the file that you downloaded.
- When you start the installation and if nothing appears, there are chances that the install window is hidden behind other windows. We suggest that you minimize all open windows to see the installer.
- If the download doesn't start or progress, we suggest that you re-download the file. For detailed instructions, read Download and install your Norton device security product.
- If the install did not complete or if you cannot open your Norton device security, we suggest that you download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Read, Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
I see an incompatibility message
Norton products are not compatible with Chromebooks.
Click one of the links depending on the message that you see:
- "This product is not compatible with this computer's current operating system..."
- "Your version of Norton product is incompatible with this version of Windows..."
- Error: "One or more programs on your computer are not compatible with this Norton product..."
- "Incompatible Software: This version of Norton product is not compatible with this version of macOS"
- "We have detected an incompatible version of Norton product. Please uninstall the existing version..." on Mac
- "Installation failed: We have detected incompatible security software installed on your computer. Please uninstall..."
Other install errors
- Error: "Another version of a Norton product has been detected on this computer..."
- Message: "You have no remaining installs" while installing a Norton device security product
- Error: "System Error" when downloading your Norton product
- Message: "We are sorry. We are unable to download the support packages..." on Mac
- Message: "...You haven't finished Setup and your computer is not protected..." on Mac
Need more help?
Help us improve this solution.
Thank you for helping to improve this experience.
What would you like to do now?
Browse for solutions, search the Norton Community, or Contact Us.